Trouble Shooting, Fixing Upload Problems
Perform one or more troubleshooting steps to fix the problem.
1. Check your internet connection
If your files are slow to import, check your internet connection. A weak connection is a common cause of errors.
- Check your upload speed and ensure it matches what you subscribed to with your internet service provider (ISP). We recommend upload speeds of at least 3 Mbps.
- Try connecting to a different network such as your mobile phone hotspot or disconnect your Wi-Fi to see if your files upload correctly.
2. Check your computer's sleep setting
You can set your computer to go to sleep or hibernate after a specified duration of inactivity. However, if you are importing a large file and your computer goes to sleep or into hibernation, it may disrupt the import process and cause the import to fail.
When importing a large file (> 200MB), try temporarily changing or disabling your sleep or hibernate settings.
3. Restart your computer or device
Sometimes your computer or device may act problematic, which restarting may fix it.
4. Refresh or sign out of Otter
If you're experiencing internet connection issues, Quen may not have properly loaded. Refresh your browser and then try to import files again.
5. Clear your browser cache
Clear your browser cache and cookies and then try to import your files again.
6. Check your browser version
Check the system requirements and supported browsers to make sure you're using a supported browser and operating system. We recommend using Chrome, but you can use another browser, such as Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari.
7. Reduce the size of your file
You can import large files in Otter, but if they are too large, they might not import properly. If your file is too big, divide the file into multiple smaller ones.
8. Check your virus scanning or security software
Virus scanning software and adblockers on your local system can sometimes interfere with certain websites or actions. Make sure that this software is not blocking Otter.
Check your firewall and proxy settings
Customized firewall and proxy settings can sometimes block access to Quen Check with your network administrator that your firewall and proxy settings are configured to allow a connection to Quen.